Forklift Operator Training Course
Forklift Operators are in great demand in many Southeast Texas industries including construction, factories, warehouse, transportation, and logistics. This 8-hour Forklift Operator course is 100% OSHA compliant and students are not required to have a high school diploma. The average starting salary is $15 an hour.
This course helps satisfy the operator training requirements under OSHA's Powered Industrial Trucks Standard (1926.602(d) and 1910.178(l)). Specifically, it is designed to help learners choose, inspect, and operate a rough terrain forklift in a safe way, protecting themselves and their coworkers from the potential hazards associated with their use.
After completing this Forklift Operator Safety Training, learners will be able to:
- Identify the basic kinds of forklifts and their controls, and how they differ from automobiles
- Discuss the center of gravity and stability triangle concepts
- Explain what to look for when performing a pre-use inspection
- Describe how to safely operate a rough terrain forklift (including picking up, traveling with, and placing a load)
- Discuss how to park, refuel, and perform maintenance or modifications on a rough terrain forklift
Full payment is required at least 3 business days prior to beginning the program. No refunds are given once the class begins.
Next Course Day:
TBA (course is one day)
The course will be held in the Workforce Education Building Classroom 103 located at 320 W. Green Ave Orange, Texas 77630