Campus security officers help protect students and their property, as well as protecting college property. Furthermore, these officers will escort students to their cars upon request and maintain parking surveillance. The campus also relies on the Orange Police Department when needed.
The direct line for campus security is (409) 670-0789.
All emergencies on campus should be reported to the Safety & Security Coordinator at (409) 882-3910.
For emergency use, there are telephones located in the hallways of all the campus buildings, which dial directly to campus security.
Crime Prevention Tips
LSCO Security Officers patrol the campus to assure a high level of good physical security. As a regular part of their assigned duties they look for any safety or security problems such as defective lighting, unsecured areas, inoperative doors or locks, damaged sidewalks and potential fire hazards. If you notice a safety or security problem on campus, please report it to the Office of College Affairs or the Department of Security. Students can help assume responsibility for their own personal safety and security of their personal belongings by taking some of the following precautions:
- Avoid walking alone. Travel in pairs and groups or call for a Security escort at 409-670-0789
- Be aware of your surroundings and potential danger spots
- Lock your doors and keep your windows closed at all times
- Report suspicious persons and circumstances
- Do not leave valuables lying out in the open or in unlocked vehicles
- Never leave your belongings unattended. Backpacks, books and purses can become easy targets
- Report suspicious persons or circumstances. This could stop a crime before it happens.
- Save the LSCO Campus Security phone number of 409-670-0789 into your phone