Student Semester Readiness
The start of the semester is upon us! Whether this is your first semester or you're nearing the graduation finish line, LSCO is here for you. To make sure you have everything you need to start the semester off right, we've created this checklist to show you step-by-step how to get ahead and not feel overwhelmed this semester.
LSCO Login Credentials
Your LSCO login credentials will grant you access to your MyGator portal, Office365 email, Blackboard courses, and student self-service where you can view your schedule. To access these services, you will need to:
- Set your initial password by visiting https://www2.lsco.edu/sspr/
- Enter your LSCO ID (R800#) and username (e.g. Jsmith1@my.lsco.edu)
- If you need to look up your username visit https://www2.lsco.edu/sspr/userinfo1.asp
- You will receive an email through your personal email account we have on file to complete your password setup.
- Access your MyGator portal by going to lsco.edu, clicking the MyGator button in the upper-right of the screen, and entering your LSCO credentials.
Blackboard is the online course management system used at LSCO. All courses, whether on-campus or online, have a Blackboard course. Approximately 48 hours before the term begins the Blackboard course will be made available to you which can be found under your Courses menu in Blackboard. You can access your Blackboard account through your MyGator portal.
- Install the Bb Student App on your smartphone (available on Apple iOS and Google Android)
The LSCO Office365 Outlook email account is the campus’ official communication with students. You can access your Outlook account through your MyGator portal. Through your Office365 license, you will have access to other tools, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
View our LSCO Technology Requirements to make sure your computer, laptop, and/or hardware is ready for online classes.
- Online students visit our Proctoring page to view the technology requirements needed by our proctoring service.
Prepare for Class
Gator Book Pack
View and purchase required textbooks and digital materials through the Gator Book Pack.
- Have your materials delivered to your preferred address or schedule a pick-up at the Lamar University Bookstore located in Beaumont, Texas.
- Learn about third-party courseware and digital materials on our Online Publisher and Third-Party Products page. PENDING
The academic calendar will allow you to view important academic dates, such as class start dates, add and drop deadlines, holidays, etc. All dates are subject to change.
View your course and familiarize yourself with Blackboard. Read your course syllabus and access any ‘Start Here’ or ‘Welcome’ information. Look for the course schedule to review your first assignments and deadlines.
Stay on Track
Review Student Services and Academic Services to seek out assistance in areas such as tutoring, library services, or student life. You will need to be logged into your MyGator account to access these links.