Students from other countries holding visas other than permanent resident visas are considered international students. Applicants to Lamar State College Orange may be accepted for admission and have a Form I-20 issued when all requirements have been met. These requirements include:
- ApplyTexas Application
- Official transcripts of all courses and marks earned for both secondary school and college. Original documents for copies that have been certified by your school or a U.S. embassy/consulate official must be submitted. A certified English translation must accompany the original records if the original records are not in English.
- Provide Proof of English Language Proficiencyby sending English proficiency test scores to LSCO. Scores are valid for two years, and must be received directly from the testing agency. TOEFL and IELTS score requirements are listed below. Transfer students who have completed English Composition/College Writing I & II with grades of "C" or better in a U.S. college or university do not have to submit English language testing scores.
Undergraduate (Freshman & Transfer) English Proficiency Requirements
|TOEFL Internet Based Total||61|
|TOEFL Computer Based Total||173|
|TOEFL Paper Based Total||500|
- Evidence of sufficient financial support for the academic year in the form of an I-34 affidavit of support, an Immigration and Naturalization Services document;
- Proof of adequate health insurance;
(*Health Insurance is available through ACE American Insurance Company)
visit: www.myahpcare.com for more information
- $75 International Student application fee.
In fulfillment of immigration regulations, a student must enroll in a full-time course of study (12 semester hours or more each semester) that will lead to the attainment of specific educational objectives.