Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals Procedures
Students denied aid may appeal in the form of submitting an appeal form to the financial aid office. This appeal should explain any mitigating circumstances, which have caused the student's failure to make academic progress.
The Financial Aid Advisor will review appeals.
- Relevant documentation necessary to verify or support the appeal (e.g. death in immediate family, extended personal illness, recent divorce, etc.) should be submitted with the appeal letter.
- Students shall be notified of their appeal decisions on their Gator Self Service account within two (2) weeks of the appeal letter being received in the financial aid office.
- Students denied their appeal may then make an additional appeal to the SAP Appeals
Committee, the committee's decision is final.
NOTE: If a student's appeal is denied, new information and documentation is required at each level of appeal to enhance the chances for granting subsequent appeals.
- Fourteen (14) working days should be allowed at each level of appeal.
- Students will be notified of all appeal decisions through their Gator Self Service account.
- A student not meeting SAP, but who has their appeal accepted, will be placed on probation
or be placed on a Satisfactory Academic Plan.
- They will receive notification by status updates on their Gator Self Service account.
- Under the terms of probation, the student must complete 75% of all attempted coursework for that semester, and attain a GPA of 2.0 for the semester.
- Their status will be reevaluated at the end of the semester, which is when they are placed on probation.
- They will be notified of their new status on their Gator Self Service account at the end of that semester.