Services and Policies
The Ron E. Lewis Library building is a 44,000-square foot facility in the center of campus. The first floor of the building houses the Learning Center, the Testing Center and the Lewis Library computer labs and circulation department. The second floor houses the Library's print and media collections. The third floor houses an array of campus administrative offices.
The Library currently houses more than 33,000 print volumes and provides online access to more than 350,000 eBooks. Our online Library Catalog provides information about the books and media available. The catalog gives location, status, and descriptive information for these materials. A large amount of information is also available online through subscription databases from vendors such as Ebsco, ProQuest, Gale, Lexis-Nexis and others. A few of the databases are multimedia, providing video and audio in addition to text and images.
Services for LSCO Students
- Currently enrolled LSCO students may borrow up to 25 books for three weeks and two media items for two days. Reserve item loan periods vary by the item. Fees are charged if items are returned after their due dates (25¢/day for books and reserve items, $1/day for media).
- Current Campus ID cards are required for checking out library materials.
- Students who are unable to visit the campus to check out materials can contact library staff to arrange for shipping or delivery of print materials.
- Return items to the circulation desk or drop items into the book-return box if the Library is closed (2nd street side of building).
- Borrowing items from other libraries (inter-library loan or ILL service)
- Library computers and printing
- Research and assignment help
Services for LSCO Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and staff may borrow up to 25 books for three months. Media items may be borrowed for two days, unless the item is to be used in the classroom, in which case, a longer period is allowed. No late fees are charged.
- Library instruction and information literacy | Instruction Request Form
- Inter-library Loan Service | Inter-library Loan Form
- Faculty Reserves
- Library computers and printing
- Collection Development | New Purchases Form
- Distance Learning and Blackboard
Services for the Community
- Community patrons who wish to check out books may show a valid Orange Public Library card and a picture ID.
- Community patrons may borrow five books at a time for three weeks. Community patrons may not borrow media items.
- Computers designated for the public may be used for one hour per day. Show a valid drivers license at the circulation desk and staff will log you on. Follow all computer policies as stated on this page: "Library computers and printing".
- Printing at computers is allowed without charges but shall be limited to five (5) pages per day.
- Research help is available at the Library circulation desk. Please read "Research and assignment Help" for more information.
- Reference and periodical materials may be used in the Library.
- Inter-library loan services are available at the Orange Public Library for its patrons.
- The community is invited to many Library-sponsored events. Watch for event announcements on the Library home page.