Journey to Reaffirmation 2025
Lamar State College Orange is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees, and Certificates of Completion.
The College’s Reaffirmation of our Accreditation by SACSCOC is ongoing and expected to be completed in Spring 2025. Preparation requires involvement and support from across the campus. Continued accreditation with SACSCOC not only ensures our access to federal funding, but also affirms our commitment to excellence in education, research, innovation, and service.
Questions about the accreditation of Lamar State College Orange may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website.
LSCO Reaffirmation Newsletters
Accreditation Resource Team
The Accreditation Resource Team provides expertise and support for institutional accreditation and a college-wide culture of compliance with the Principles of Accreditation of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- March 1, 2024 - Compliance Certification Due
- April 23-26, 2024 - Off-site Peer Reviewed Conducted
- August/September 2024 (tentative) - Advisory Visit from SACSCOC Vice President
- September 13, 2024 - Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Due
- October 28-31, 2024 - On-site Reaffirmation Committee at LSCO
- June 9-12, 2025 - Review and Determination by SACSCOC Board of Trustees
Quality Enhancement Plan
The Quality Enhancement Plan is LSCO's plan for supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the college.
SACSCOC stands for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, which is the accrediting body for educational institutions within Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Latin America.
Accreditation is a voluntary process of self-regulation by which institutions conduct self-evaluations according to specified guidelines and then allow themselves to be reviewed by peers to assess the institution’s effectiveness in fulfilling its mission, its success in complying with standards set by the accrediting body, and its ongoing efforts toward continuous improvement of the educational programs, services, and quality of student learning. The resulting awarding or reaffirmation of accreditation serves to assure the public that the institution maintains high standards, operates with integrity, and consistently strives to improve the quality and effectiveness of all of its programs and services.
Accreditation by SACSCOC signifies that the institution:
- has a mission appropriate to higher education,
- has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission, and
- maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives.
Among other benefits, the renewal of SACSCOC accreditation enables LSCO to maintain eligibility for student financial aid through the U.S. Department of Education.