Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam (A²)
A² General Information
- The exam consists of eight sections. All sections have time limits. Your composite score is generated by your scores on the reading, vocabulary, grammar, math, and anatomy and physiology sections.
- Reading Comprehension – Provides reading scenarios in order to measure reading comprehension, identifying the main idea, finding meaning of words in context, passage comprehension, making logical inferences, etc. There are 47 items. Time allotment: 50 minutes.
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge – Contains vocabulary terms that are used commonly in both general English speaking and in the health care fields. 50 items. Time allotment: 50 minutes
- Grammar – Contains basic grammar, including parts of speech, important terms and their uses in grammar, commonly occurring grammatical errors, etc. There are 50 items. Time allotment 50 minutes.
- Basic Math skills – Focuses on math skills needed for health care field, including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, household measures, general math facts, etc. There are 50 items. Time allotment: 50 minutes There will be a drop down calculator available if needed.
- Anatomy and Physiology - Provides coverage of general terminology and anatomical structures and systems: 25 minutes.
- Learning Styles – 14-item assessment of preferred learning style. Time allotment: 15 minutes
- Personality Styles – 15 item-assessment of personality related to preferred learning styles. Time allotment: 15 minutes.
- Critical Thinking. Time allotment: 15 minutes.
- Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam Review Study Guide. With content review and over 450 sample test questions, this study guide helps you prepare for the Evolve Reach Testing and Remediation Admission Assessment Exam. It includes detailed coverage of each of the subject areas on the exam: Math, English, and basic sciences. Topics are simplified with step-by-step explanations, vocabulary, and practice problems with rationales. Study Guides are available online at www.elsevier.com or http://www.mometrix.com/academy/hesi-a2-test/.
- Study Guides are also available in the Ron E. Lewis library for current LSCO students.
Registering for the A²
- $50 testing fee required prior to testing. You may pay by phone (409) 882-3371 or in person or at the Cashier’s office located on the third floor of the Ron E Lewis Library. You must request a receipt. This receipt MUST be presented at the testing center upon testing.
- Contact the Testing Center to schedule time and date for your A² to be administered (409) 882-3330.
- Testing times for exams are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 2:00 pm and Friday, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm.
A² check-in requirements
- Picture ID is Mandatory. The test administrator is required to verify identification by visually inspecting your identification. Test security procedures mandate the positive identification of examinees prior to beginning the exam. The test administrator is required to deny admission to any person who cannot be positively identified.
- Arrive at the Testing Center located on the first floor of the Ron E. Lewis Library approximately 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
A² Score Reports
- Your test scores are available immediately after completing the exam. Please print two (2) copies: one for our records and one for your records.
- When your testing session has been closed and you have received your results, you will be able to access remediation materials for every English and Math test item that you answered incorrectly.
- You must achieve a 75 Composite Score, an Anatomy and Physiology score of 75% or higher, and a Reading Comprehension Score of 80 to be eligible for consideration in the RN Transition program. Additional points will be given on the RN Transition rating scale for scores over 90 in Reading Comprehension.
- The A² may only be taken two times per application period.
- Reschedule - no extra charge.
- Nursing Administrative Assistant, (409) 882-3344
- LSCO Cashier’s Office (409) 882-3371
- LSCO Testing Center (409) 882-3330