LSC-O VISION, MISSION, & CORE VALUES
Lamar State College-Orange (LSC-O) will improve the quality of life for the citizens of Orange County and surrounding environs by spurring intellectual exploration, providing avenues for personal and professional growth, and offering a means to succeed in the global society.
Lamar State College-Orange is a two-year open admissions, lower-division component of the Texas State University System.
Our mission is:
- to provide, through traditional and innovative delivery systems, an academic curriculum that offers associate degrees and prepares students for transfer to senior colleges and universities;
- to provide, through traditional and innovative delivery systems, certificate and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs that prepare students for employment;
- to provide support services that facilitate and enhance student learning and success;
- to provide continuing education and customized training programs for upgrading employment skills and/or for those pursuing areas of personal interest; and
- to sponsor and/or participate in community activities that support economic development, promote cultural engagement, and/or encourage cooperation with area school districts.
III. CORE VALUES
To foster a collaborative environment of integrity and accountability, Lamar State College-Orange values:
- Excellence: We endeavor to achieve quality results;
- Diversity: We celebrate diversity in ideas, people, and culture and encourage a spirit of inclusiveness;
- Community: We demonstrate genuine concern for our students, faculty, staff, and the region that we serve;
- Student Success: We encourage and celebrate student achievement.