Transfer Credit Evaluation
Credit earned at other accredited institutions may be considered for credit by Lamar State College-Orange according to the following policies:
- Official transcripts reflecting all completed coursework must be sent directly to Lamar State College-Orange Admissions and Records Office from the issuing institution or in a sealed envelope from issuing institution.
- Transfer credit evaluation will not be processed until all official transcripts have been received.
- Courses will be transferred as credit only; however, a transfer credit GPA will be maintained and used in the case of honor graduates, where all courses attempted will be used in calculating the cumulative grade point average for the determination of honors.
- "D" grades earned at other institutions are transferable, but departments may refuse to count them toward degrees.
- Transfer credit evaluations can be viewed on the unofficial academic transcript by logging into Student Services via the internet at www.lsco.edu This information will be available no later than the end of the first academic term in which they are enrolled.