Association of Information Technology Professionals
The objective of this site is for the viewer to be able to:
- Know what AITP represents
- Understand the mission and vision of AITP
- Define membership
- Identify officers and members
- Understand the process to join AITP
- Know how to locate educational events in the IT field
- Access various websites relating to Information Technology
Lamar State College Orange Chapter AITP
Lamar State College Orange sponsors a student chapter of AITP. Any student who is an IT major or related field, such as computer science, may be a member. AITP is a national organization for IT professionals. There are several types of memberships.
Professional members are those that have been employed in the IT field.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Professional chapter support which includes chapter meetings and networking with professionals in their field
- Networking with others in the field
- E-mail notifications regarding industry news, events and association developments
- Periodic student newsletter which includes articles covering the latest industry trends and important career advice from IT industry professionals
- Discounts on products and services to student members
- Access to the "members only forum" to share thoughts, insights and questions about the IT industry with other members
- AITP Annual National Collegiate Conference - includes recognized speakers from across the country; breakout sessions with in-depth coverage of all areas of the IT field and programming contests
- Voting rights
- Access to a directory of AITP membership
"Exposing students to professional associations while they are in college is important to building both their professionalism and ethics of the profession." - Frederick Galogee
For more information regarding the LSCO student chapter, please contact Diane Dotson at (409) 882-3038 or Diane.Dotson@lsco.edu.