LSC-O Presidential Search
Rossanna Salazar, chair of the Board of Regents of the Texas State University System (TSUS), appointed nine individuals to serve on the Advisory Search Committee for the next president of Lamar State College-Orange (LSCO). LSCO President Mike Shahan is retiring August 31, 2018, after serving at the college for 24 years.
Committee members, who represent a cross-section of the Orange and campus communities, are:
- David Montagne, TSUS Regent (Committee Chair)
- William F. Scott, TSUS Regent
- Alan Tinsley, TSUS Regent
- Andrew B. Preslar, LSCO Director of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Leah Busby, LSCO Instructor of Business Management
- Butch Campbell, LSCO Director of Security and Community Liaison
- Suzonne Crockett, LSCO Director of Education and Mathematics
- Terra Hoffpauir, Student Government Association President
- Stephen Lee, President and CEO of First Financial Bank, Southeast
Starting in February, and continuing through June, the advisory committee will work with an executive search firm to conduct a national search with the goal of identifying three to four exceptionally-qualified candidates. These candidates will be invited to interview with Chancellor Brian McCall, after which a sole finalist will be named by the chancellor and recommended for confirmation by the TSUS Board of Regents.
- January, 2018 – Campus input sessions from faculty, staff, students, and community members
- February – Board of Regents Chair appoints advisory search committee
- February – First meeting of advisory search committee to discuss presidential profile
- March – May – Recruitment of applicants by executive search firm
- May 18, 2018 – Priority deadline for application materials
- Late May / Early June – Advisory Search Committee will begin reviewing confidential application materials and narrowing the applicant pool
- Late June – Advisory Search Committee will in engage in confidential interviews, select number of semi-finalists, and recommend final candidates to the Chancellor.
- July – Final candidates will participate in open public forums at LSCO. Everyone at LSCO will have the opportunity to participate in the forums and provide valuable feedback.
- August / September, 2018 – New President scheduled to begin.
- Lamar State College-Orange Presidential Search Committee Selects Four Finalists
Michael Calvert, Ed.D. Thomas Johnson, Ed.D. Robert Riza, Ed.D. Deana Sheppard, Ed.D.
- May 2018
- April 2018