to Lamar State College-Orange. Please join us for New Student Orientation!
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Student Center Gymnasium
407 Green Avenue, Orange, Texas
Beginning a college career
can be an exciting experience, but it can also be intimidating. That
is why we are inviting you to join us for New Student Orientation.
This day will familiarize you with our campus and the Academic and Student Support Services available to you.
Just a few of the things that will be covered:
Where are classes located? (we’ll go on a campus tour!)
How do I access my.LSCO.edu?
How will I obtain my grades?
Where can I receive free tutoring?
Where can I park?
I am registered to take online and hybrid classes, what do I do?
What will happen to my financial aid if I drop a class?
In order to register for classes you must already be admitted to the college via the steps below:
- Complete an application for admission online at www.applytexas.org
- Submit all required official transcripts or GED scores
- Provide approval of bacterial meningitis vaccination (if under the age of 22).
- Provide a copy of driver’s license and social security card
- Take required placement exam (Texas Success Initiative Assessment – TSIA) unless otherwise exempt.
Please contact Admissions & Records if you have any questions regarding your eligibility to register for classes or any of the steps above: 409-882-3364 or Admissions.Records@lsco.edu. Or for questions regarding orientation please contact Whitney Richard at 409-882-3955 or Whitney.Richard@lsco.edu.
is limited, so don't forget to register today for New Student Orientation
by submitting the registration
form. If you are unable to submit your information via the
Web, you may call (409) 882-3955 to register. Leave all information requested
on above form.