Board of Regents Chair Rossanna Salazar Appoints Advisory Committee for Lamar State College-Orange Presidential Search
(AUSTIN) – Rossanna Salazar, chair of the Board of Regents of the Texas State University System (TSUS), has appointed nine individuals to serve on the Advisory Search Committee for the next president of Lamar State College-Orange (LSCO). Committee members, who represent a cross-section of the Orange and campus communities, are:
- David Montagne, TSUS Regent (Committee Chair)
- William F. Scott, TSUS Regent
- Alan Tinsley, TSUS Regent
- Andrew B. Preslar, LSCO Director of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Leah Busby, LSCO Instructor of Business Management
- Butch Campbell, LSCO Director of Security and Community Liaison
- Suzonne Crockett, LSCO Director of Education and Mathematics
- Terra Hoffpauir, Student Government Association President
- Stephen Lee, President and CEO of First Financial Bank, Southeast
Starting this month and continuing through May, the advisory committee will work with an executive search firm to conduct a national search with the goal of identifying three to four exceptionally-qualified candidates. These candidates will be invited to interview with Chancellor Brian McCall, after which a sole finalist will be named by the chancellor and recommended for confirmation by the TSUS Board of Regents as early as May.
LSCO President Mike Shahan is retiring August 31, 2018, after serving at the college for 24 years.