PROMOTE LEARNING THROUGH CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION THAT RESPOND TO STUDENT LEARNING NEEDS.
- Maintain an academic course inventory that provides a solid foundation of general education that is fully transferable to senior institutions.
- Develop and maintain vocational/technical degree programs that are relevant to student interests and labor market demand.
- Provide a program of developmental education in reading, writing, and mathematics enabling students to succeed in college-level work.
- Provide a curriculum that promotes active student engagement and success in both academic transfer and technical programs.
FACILITATE STUDENT LEARNING BY STRIVING TO PROVIDE EXCELLENT STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES AND PROGRAMS.
- Provide a “campus life” and cultural enrichment activities that are relevant and appealing.
- Provide library and other learning resources that enhance student learning.
- Offer advising/counseling activities that both prevent and mitigate the obstacles to student success.
FORM PARTNERSHIPS WITH BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY TO MEET COMMUNITY NEEDS BY PROVIDING EFFECTIVE NON-CREDIT, CUSTOMIZED TRAINING AND SERVICE ACTIVITIES THAT HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED.
- Develop a continuing education program that is responsive to community needs.
- Cooperate with business and industry through partnerships, collaborative efforts, and mutually beneficial relationships.
RECRUIT AND RETAIN HIGH QUALITY FACULTY, STAFF AND ADMINISTRATORS TO ACCOMPLISH THE INSTITUTION’S MISSION.
- Provide opportunities for professional growth and campus service.
- Recognize those individuals who are involved in these activities.
- Attain a diverse faculty and staff that are representative of the institution’s service area.
SECURE AND MAINTAIN PHYSICAL, AND TECHNICAL RESOURCES TO ACCOMMODATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE INSTITUTION.
- Maintain facilities that accommodate both needed flexibility and long-range planning for instruction and support services.
- Provide appropriate and up-to-date equipment and facilities to meet instructional and support services needs.
SECURE AND MAINTAIN FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE RESOURCES TO ACCOMMODATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE INSTITUTION.
- Engage in responsible financial management policies and practices that ensure the current and future operations of the institution.
- Provide dependable financial services to the campus community through professional expertise, developing practical procedures and maintaining sound financial records.
ENGAGE IN COMPREHENSIVE, CONTINUOUS INSTITUTION-WIDE PLANNING AND EVALUATION TO ENSURE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE COLLEGE’S GOALS AND MISSION.
- Nurture an effective planning system that involves broad-based campus participation that is tied to resource allocations.
- Ensure the use of evaluation results for continuous improvement in all planning activities.