Continuing and Workforce Education
The Continuing and Workforce Education Department at Lamar State College-Orange provides non-credit student learning opportunities for the community and customized training programs to meet the needs of local business and industry. Our commitment is to provide student learning opportunities to increase the knowledge and skills needed for current jobs in order to prepare for future career advancement.
- Senior Fitness
- Basic Computers for Senior Citizens (55+)
- Microsoft Word and Excel 2010
- Orange Community Band
- Grand Chorus
- Photoshop Elements 10
- Series of Photography Classes
- Arts and Crafts
Find out what we have to offer by viewing our latest schedule of classes.
To request a catalog, send us your name and mailing address to Joanie.Tandberg@lsco.edu.
Join our e-mail list and receive updates and schedules electronically! Receive news, schedules, and class reminders electronically. Just send your name and e-mail address to Joanie.Tandberg@lsco.edu.
Who teaches Continuing Education classes? You do!
Our instructors are business people, housewives, teachers, secretaries, lawyers, etc. They are people like you who have a special talent, skill or set of ideas that can be passed on to others. The basic requirements are simple: a love for your subject and a desire to share this expertise with others. Do you have knowledge of a subject or special skill you could share with others? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Send us an email at Joanie.Tandberg@lsco.edu or call us at 409-882-3321.
- Online Health Careers Classes from Health Ed Today: These courses are highly interactive and provide students with an enriched learning experience. Each course was developed to ensure that students gain the necessary skills to excel in a professional health care environment. Additionally, these programs include access to an online community with interactive content and robust student services.
Each course includes:
- 24X7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Online health care content that supplements each course
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises and course videos
- Additional labs and animated simulations
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
- Other online tools that will enrich each students experience
The following courses are available anytime:
- EKG Technician
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Coding ICD-10
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Dialysis Technician
- Medical Terminology
- ECG/EKG Courses for Nurses
For additional information, please contact Health Ed Today at 1-888-574-6218.
- Online Instructor-led Classes from Ed2Go: Highly interactive courses taught by expert instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors. The on-line courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you. Courses begin the second Wednesday of each month, run for six weeks and consist of 12 lessons. The lessons are supplemented by interactive quizzes, assignments, and online discussion areas. All materials will be available to you over the Internet.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Intro to Microsoft Excel 2010
- Creating Web Pages
- Grammar Refresher
- Online Career Training Programs from Ed2Go: Instructor-facilitated courses available anytime, anywhere. All you need is a web-enabled computer and a desire to learn skills that will prepare you for a new career or update current skill sets. And even though you won’t be in a traditional classroom setting, you won't be on your own. A team of available online professionals, anytime scheduling, and educational textbooks combine to give you a relevant, interactive learning experience. Courses include Healthcare/Fitness, Business/Professional, IT/Software Development (Microsoft and CompTIA Official Curriculum), Media and Design, Skilled Trades/Industrial, Sustainable Energy and Going Green.
- Digital Arts Certificate
- Certified Wedding Planner
- Certified Mediator
- Video Game Design and Development
- Career Online High School: Gives students returning to the education process an opportunity to earn an 18-credit high school diploma as well as complete course work for a career certificate in Childcare, Health Care (Home Health Aide), Transportation Services, Office Management, Protection Services, Homeland Security, or General Career Preparation. Students can transfer in as many as 14 credits from other accredited institutions.
- High School Diploma with General Career Preparation
- High School Diploma with Homeland Security Training
- High School Diploma with Office Management Training
- Online Classes from JER Group: JER Online lists over 1000+, cost affordable, non-credit Continuing Workforce Courses and Certificates. No ordinary courses-JER Online courses and certificates are industry developed. They are cost affordable. This means that you are going to have access to the same e-learning that business and industry uses for their employee training.
- Start anytime or on a fixed time schedule
- Access your course anytime from anywhere for fast completion
- JER Online offers discounted pricing for employee group enrollments
- As an extra added value and bonus, students will have 1 year access to their online courses, post course completion (applies to self-directed corporate developed courses only)
Director of Continuing and Workforce Education
Phone: (409) 882-3321
Fax: (409) 882-3383
Wilson Building Office 121
Phone: (409) 882-3321
Fax: (409) 882-3383
Wilson Building Office 119