Credit earned at other accredited institutions may be considered for credit by Lamar State College-Orange according to the following policies; however, credit evaluation is not automatic.
- Official transcripts reflecting all completed coursework must be sent directly to Lamar State College-Orange Admissions and Records Office from the issuing institution.
- A completed transfer credit evaluation request form must be completed and turned into the Admission and Records Office. Transfer credit evaluation will not be processed until all official transcripts have been received.
- Courses will be transferred as credit only, and the grades will not be used in the calculating of student's GPAs except in the case of honor graduates, where all courses attempted will be used in calculating the cumulative grade point averages for the determination of honors.
- "D" grades earned at other institutions are transferable, but departments may refuse to count them toward degrees.
- Transfer students completing transfer credit evaluation requests will be informed of the number of credits that will transfer no later than the end of the first academic term in which they are enrolled.